Every year, the Surrey Care Awards recognises and celebrates the exceptional contributions made by individuals and teams within Surrey’s care workforce. Have you identified staff you’d like nominate for the Awards yet?
Care Roadshow London 2019 is part of a series of free regional care events throughout the UK that inform and inspire care home owners, care managers and all those within the healthcare sector.
Join a variety of care suppliers, industry experts and like-minded care professionals to discover innovative products and services as well as the latest updates and ideas from this challenging industry at these stimulating care home events.
Take part in free seminars and workshops, enjoy relaxed networking and interact with specialist products to help maximise your care business to its full potential.
CECOPS CIC is running a not-to-be-missed one day Masterclass, which will focus on assessing, accelerating and scaling up organisational readiness in the digital health space.
The rapid rate of development of digital health technologies and innovations, and the drive to get them adopted and scaled up, mean it is critical that local, regional and national organisations are ready. For a marketplace to be successful, there needs to be a balance between demand and supply, and this class will look at how this might be achieved.
The main aims of the masterclass are to:
- get people thinking about readiness when planning, commissioning and procuring digital health technologies and innovations
- consider what readiness looks like and what components are needed to make this happen
- look at how readiness can be scaled up and accelerated
- identify the links between demand and supply aspects of the market and consider how these might work in tandem to get wider adoption, scaling up and spread
- consider wider aspects of readiness in terms of data, information, change management, quality, risk, security and regulation, and alignment of digital delivery with health and care priorities
- bring together the relevant connections between individuals and organisations to make effective changes
- demonstrate how standards and tools can support readiness.
At the end of last year, our whole engineering team took part in a hack day to explore the possibilities of introducing Alexa (Alexa is a virtual assistant developed by Amazon, first used in the Amazon Echo and is the voice you hear answering the questions you ask your Echo) and the Amazon Echo into care as an exercise to better understand the growing needs of the sector. It was a day which separated us from our daily work and allowed us to adopt a different mindset. Apart from the team-building benefits, the hack day helped us to think outside the box and get creative with our thought processes.
Right at Home can’t wait for the whole network to join forces once again at the Right At Home Annual Conference and Awards, which promises two days of inspirational best practice, networking and celebration of your successes.
Loneliness, I think, is something everyone will come into contact with at some point in their lives. Whether it stems from the quality or quantity of our relationships, we can all relate to that ‘subjective, unwelcome feeling of [the] lack or loss of companionship’.