2 minute read
At a time when there seem to be more questions than answers, here’s one we all should get right:
As Britain begins to emerge cautiously from the effects of healthcare upheaval, does anyone still doubt the importance of digital technology in tackling big problems effectively?
Surely now the question should not be about whether technology, and digital care management software, in particular, has any business being in social care; the question should be, How many more of the problems that social care faces can technology be used to solve?
Continue reading “And The Answer Is… Technology!”
3 minute read
Fifteen years ago, I entered the world of software training. Freshly armed with a laptop, copious handouts, and a projector the size of a microwave; I crammed my kit into a suitcase and proceeded to travel the length and breadth of the country. I kept Flybe in business and racked up enough BP points to treat myself to free Ginster’s and Ribena once a month. Why? Because it delivered value, customer engagement, and customer understanding.
Continue reading “Don’t Fear Online Training”
2 minute read
Over the last few weeks, like so many around the country, I have joined in celebrating our key workers who have worked tirelessly trying to get us through this challenging and devastating COVID-19 pandemic.
Continue reading “When the clapping stops …”
Following on from a very successful show in 2019, the Southwest Care Exhibition 2020 is set to be bigger and better with a strong focus on INNOVATION, TECHNOLOGY and SIGNPOSTING in the sector.
- Meet the innovators who are constantly working to meet the demands of a growing older population and to overcome the pressures of budget cuts and increasing numbers of people requiring care in the region.
- See technology in action and learn how it could transform your organisation by improving and enhancing the services you already provide.
- Discover organisations with whom your business can collaborate and grow and make connections with the people who will enhance your career in the care sector.
If you’re a care organisation owner, manager or leader, this show is the best place to reach an audience of key decision makers in the care industry in the region – and beyond!
2 minute read
More than four in five adult social care services are currently either rated Good or Outstanding by the CQC.
Continue reading “Beyond A Two-Tier Social Care System”
Partners in Care, Dorset Council and Bournemouth, Christchurch & Poole Council are pleased to invite you to this special conference focusing on digital technology at the Grow Digital Conference. You will have an opportunity to hear from key professionals and experts in their field.
We are delighted to reveal the programme of inspirational speakers:
- Claire Bache, Head of Strategy and Innovation
Department of Health & Social Care & NHSX
- Professor Venky Dubey, Bournemouth University
The future of assistive technologies
- Ian Turner, Executive Chair – Royal Nursing Homes Association & Digital Social Care
- Katie Bradley, Hampshire County Council – Alexa Project
- Dorset Council & Argenti
- Dorset Police, Cyber-Crime Prevention
There will be a range of exciting workshops and a dedicated exhibition area available for you to find out more about innovations in technology that could support the service you provide along with valuable opportunities to share with colleagues and learn from each other. There is a growing excitement of the role of technology in social care, amidst the excitement, there is a need for a critical discussion to ensure successful and sustainable integration of technology into social care.