How do I set up an openPASS end user for 24/7 access?
If a friend or family member requests 24/7 access to a customer’s care notes, you will get an email to the address you supplied in the office details.
When this arrives, you should follow these steps:
1. Check with the care receiver that they know the person asking for access.
2. If so, complete an openPASS consent form with the care receiver on the app (available from the customer menu) and set up a secret question and answer. This should be something memorable that the openPASS end user will know the answer to. This consent form is available for Care Workers and Care Managers by default.
Please double check the email address you are adding into the consent form.
3. Once you complete the consent form, an email invite will automatically be sent to the end user and they will be added to the openPASS tab of the care receiver in the web app.
You can see the status of those invited by viewing the openPASS tab for each customer. There are two statuses:
- Awaiting confirmation – the user has been invited via the consent form, but not completed the next steps (see below)
- Confirmed – the user has completed their account setup and gained access to the care receiver
4. The end user will receive a confirmation email.
5. The end user completes access by confirming their details and the secret answer to the question you set in step 2.